I get the calls all the time:
“I know I need to do something with social media, but I do not understand what is is, or how it can help me…”
Sheesh! Where do I start: let me see….
- What is the Internet – almost all the computers and people in the world connected and talking to each other.
- What is social media – the modern Internet with niche affinity groups connected together by way of ethnicity, location, industry preference, religion, demographics, politics..
- How do I benefit from Social Media – you must give to get, you must make a contribution to the discussion, to the Internet itself.
- What is a “Meritocracy” – learned this from my son: Internet is basically a Meritocracy: in other words, those who contribute the most work, are rewarded the most.
- How do I compete in this huge competitive marketplace – in order to be found without bidding against everyone in the world for the audience (PPC) you must become part of a niche aggregate group, like ActiveRain.com for Real Estate professionals who will now aggregate their listings too (Mozletov!)
- What is a blog aggregate or content aggregate – in order to compete, niche groups can combine real content and create real geographic and/or content specific resources online that rank and get traffic because of size, quality and merit: a multi-user website code base of blogs and news that can be used to aggregate local and or topic specific news, activity, videos, links, demographics and other local content to rank on organic search on the search engines for very competitive organic search terms and feed business to the authors business as benevolent providers of that content.
- Why don’t free blogs work – WordPress.com, Blogger and other free networks have no quality control – the content is not high quality, is not arranged in a geographic specific and topic specific way, and these are full of random dead sites, so they do not work. Controlled networks like Activerain.com are much more effective because they create a better resource for the visitor, and a better networking environment for the users.
- Now what – you need a perfectly optimized blog (automated modern website) that is fed by the right niche places that you spread your contribution around in the right way linked back to you.
Q. What is Uplog.org
A. Uplog.org is a mult-user website code base of blogs and news that can be used to aggregate local and or topic specific news, activity, videos, links, demographics and other local content to rank on organic search on the search engines for very competitive organic search terms and feed business to the authors business as benevolent providers of that content. It is successful already in less than two weeks because of the above. Just imagine how big it will be in a year, and how much power it will have for its’ exclusive local editors!